The Community of Practice workgroup sits within the Simplification Steering Group. It is chaired by Simon Miller, Wood.
Purpose of the group
- This group has been formed to support the ongoing use of Safe Working Essentials.
- The aim is to build a network to share experiences, solutions and best practice ideas.
- This will enable collaboration across existing and new sites.
'Since using the new safe working essentials we have had much better participation with the observation cards. The toolbox talks are much better quality and all our vendors are really accepting of it. It’s a huge benefit to all do things the same way’ - Hummingburd OIM
Frequency of Meetings
These meetings will be held every 3 weeks in 2018 at the Wood offices, Sir Ian Wood House in Altens. The meetings are held from 2pm - 4pm, Please see below for confirmed dates
1. 21 March 2018
2. 04 April 2018
3. 25 April 2018
4. 16 May 2018
The material below and much more can be found in the 'starter pack' folder, which you will receive once you have completed and are happy with your readiness review. Below are some useful presentations, posters and prompts.
'The Story so Far' - this slide deck takes you through the entire SWE journey in 2016
|Example roll-out presentation|
The starter folder contains;
- DVD showing how to do a good toolbox talk, DRA and Observation card
- Guidance Document
- Quick Start Document
- Readiness Review
- Electronic copies of everything
The following companies have a Safe Working Essentials pack;
Any questions? Email Simplification@stepchangeinsafety.net