Cause & Consequence
- Failure of vessels or pipework
Incident Info Source
Heidi Mykland, Shell Exploration and Production
Specific Incident Equipment
No details available
- Thermal expansion happens rapidly on PWRI wells due to temp < 90degC.- Increased monitoring of annuli is required after AITs, especially if well offline when AIT carried out.
- Remote monitoring of C annuli to be installed if practical.
- Platform Operating Procedures to be updated to ensure that they include increased annuli monitoring on start up, after AITs and when bringing on PWRI wells.
- Raise awareness of platform crews on the importance of Annuli monitoring.
- Review frequency of routine C annuli monitoring to ensure that it is adequate.
- Review C annuli monitoring procedures.