Cause & Consequence
- Uncontrolled release of a flammable gas or liquid
Specific Incident Equipment
Diesel fuel line
• Incorrectly designed and installed fuel line after maintenance
• Radial bend dimensions pre-stressed the tubing at the ferrule.
• High vibration loads on the pre-stressed tubing led to the fracture
• Changes in design should be managed through the management of change procedure
• Introduce enhanced training and competence for those working with small bore tubing
Rate this alert
Latest Alerts & Moments
Our searchable catalogue of hundreds of Safety Alerts and Safety Moments are all designed as learning resources that can help improve workplace safety.