Cause & Consequence
- Failure of vessels or pipework
Any Location Type
Incident Info Source
Graeme Adamson (Instrument Technical Authority) - 01224 371289. email@example.com
Specific Incident Equipment
Emerson (Fisher) Control Valve 8” EHD-667 incl. 667-100 Spring & Diaphragm Actuator, 3582i Positioner, 67AFSR Air Regulator.
No details available
1. Check that screws on all other 67 AFSR regulators are not loose.
2. Identify other installed valve actuators (on an application by application basis) which may be vulnerable to the same type of failure.
3. Where required by application, ensure regulators have full internal relief or fit external relief devices between regulator and positioner.
4. Add inspection of regulators to maintenance procedures
5. Raise awareness that for some control valves the correct operation of them regulator is critical.
6. Ensure pressure relief is included as part of the specification for future control valves where the actuator cannot withstand the specified maximum instrument air pressure.
Rate this alert
Latest Alerts & Moments
Our searchable catalogue of hundreds of Safety Alerts and Safety Moments are all designed as learning resources that can help improve workplace safety.