Description of Incident
- During the removal of a compressor from a refrigeration system at a brewery, there was a large, uncontrolled release of ammonia.
- The release killed one contractor and seriously injured another. A further 20 people required medical treatment as a result of exposure.
- The incident occurred because of a failure to put appropriate isolation controls in place.
This safety moment contains:
- Narrated, animated safety moment with discussion points
- A Discussion Points Assist sheet for presenter / facilitator