Cause & Consequence
- Uncontrolled release of a flammable gas or liquid
Specific Incident Equipment
Screwed drain valve connection on the bottom flange of a 6 inch ball valve located within a gas export line.
- The importance of a robust valve inspection and maintenance procedures for valves and all of their fittings.
- The importance of comprehensive inspection checks on all components within the envelope of the blasting activity, to ensure that they are either adequately protected during live line blasting or eliminated from the blasting activity.
- Ensure that there is a robust valve maintenance procedure in place. In addition to monitoring the functionality of the valve, the condition of drain points and grease nipples should be assessed and managed.
- The management of live line blasting procedures must ensure that comprehensive inspection checks on all components within the envelope of the blasting activity are carried out.