Cause & Consequence
- Uncontrolled release of a flammable gas or liquid
Specific Incident Equipment
Small Bore Tubing associated with the impulse line on the compressor
Increased inspection is required of small bore tubing for similar epoxy contamination and the presence and condition of pipe clamps and vibration damping.
Inspection programs should identify this as a risk.
- Failed impulse line sent onshore for metallurgical analysis to confirm failure mode.
- Review whether there is a recommended service life for instrument tubing in high pressure gas service
- Assess existing pipe runs and improve routing & support where possible to minimise vibration stresses.
- Assess the locations of existing fixed IR Gas Detectors to determine whether in the optimum position to identify low level cumulative leaks such as this event
Rate this alert
Latest Alerts & Moments
Our searchable catalogue of hundreds of Safety Alerts and Safety Moments are all designed as learning resources that can help improve workplace safety.