Cause & Consequence
- Slip, trip or fall on same level
Lifting, crane, rigging, deck operations
WHAT CAUSED IT:
- The fixing clips that were holding the grate in place had worked loose and were insufficient for a weight bearing load.
CORRECTIVE ACTIONS: To address this incident, this company did the following:
- All employees were reminded to be aware at all times when working around rotating equipment.
- It was stressed to employees to ensure that all necessary covers and/or guards are secure.
- The crew inspected the entire auger area and any questionable areas were replaced with solid plates and non-slip paint was applied.