Cause & Consequence
- Uncontrolled release of a flammable gas or liquid
Specific Incident Equipment
- Equipment flushed, drained and positively isolated as per procedures still presents a loss of containment risk if the equipment drainage and flushing points are not adequate in terms of number and location.
- Source a more suitable bund as an interim measure until feedback obtained regarding possible drainage modifications.
- Update procedure for flushing, draining and isolating pump for outage, taking into account whether pump is being removed for maintenance after a ‘failure’ or for a cartridge ‘upgrade’.
- Add lessons learned to WCC for task to ensure that this issue is highlighted the next time the task is repeated.
Rate this alert
Latest Alerts & Moments
Our searchable catalogue of hundreds of Safety Alerts and Safety Moments are all designed as learning resources that can help improve workplace safety.