Cause & Consequence
- Handling, lifting or carrying
Any Activity Type
Incident Info Source
Specific Incident Equipment
No details available
• Trapped limbs
• Risk of minor, serious, or disabling injury
• Discuss at safety meetings/toolbox talks
• Raise awareness of risks of tubulars moving during handling
• Raise awareness of need for care in positioning of hands
• Avoid wherever possible contact with these loads by hand and when unavoidable: - use hands in “flat or fisted” position only, and on areas of tubulars which do not create the potential for pinch points; - do not grip around edges of tubulars.
• Take time to ensure the load is stable and do not be over-enthusiastic to get involved in manhandling the load.