Job Title: Programme Delivery Manager
Reports to: Executive Director – Step Change in Safety
Date Reviewed: 26 March 2019
This position is responsible for assigned key programme delivery and support to all Step Change in Safety deliverables. This includes a wide-range of analysis, facilitation, coordination and administrative support to the wider team.
As part of the Step Change in Safety support team, you will work within well-defined projects which may involve organising the work of others with management input on project direction and target outcomes.
Typically, you will be working in small teams to deliver against a set of challenging objectives and also be working with the leadership team, group co-chairs and the wider team to ensure high member engagement.
Your role will also be to assist the Executive Director alongside the other Programme Delivery Managers to support all Step Change in Safety activities from iknception to realisation.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for programme delivery and support to drive the specified outcome, including working closely with, and delivering through others in the team, workgroups, across the membership and external stakeholders.
- Working to develop and maintain strong relationships between all stakeholders to ensure that project objectives are reflected and realised.
- Supporting the wider Step Change in Safety strategy.
- Influencing others to help achieve Step Change in Safety objectives.
- Taking a flexible approach to cross-team working as necessary and making the connections between different areas of the organisation.
- Represent Step Change in Safety at external meetings and events.
- Fulfil other duties as may reasonably be required, in line with the incumbent’s skills, knowledge, abilities and personal development opportunities.
- Act as main contact for assigned key programmes and workgroup co-chairs, supporting, where possible, group administration and coordination requirements.
- Administration and participation in projects, studies and Step Change workgroups.
- Maintain regular contact with senior management and moderate level of contact with member/ other external contacts.
- Assist with the production and implementation of good practice and tools.
- Update website content associated with key programmes, workgroups and manage email distribution mailing lists.
SPECIAL PROJECTS / EVENTS:
- Support vision development and strategy for special projects.
- Lead special projects to deliver specified outcomes, including monitoring of budget, actions and communications plan.
- Plan, execute and collaborate on events such as member engagement events, Joined up Thinking.
- Assist at events with logistics and setup, as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Educated to degree level (or relevant professional qualification/ experience).
- Awareness of major accident hazard industry such as offshore oil and gas.
- Experience in safety administration, customer service, logistics, event management and project management/ support.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Collaborative work style, highly organised with strong analytical and multi-tasking skills, independent and resourceful.
- Must have energy and passion for safety.
- The role will require you to gather, assimilate and analyse information and views from stakeholders and specialists, with a view to formulating well evidenced recommendations.
- Can clearly describe complex issues and ability to communicate effectively and persuasively (both orally and in writing) at all levels within stakeholder organisations and external bodies for Step Change in Safety related issues.
- Be willing to meet the challenges of difficult or complex projects, encouraging and supporting others to do the same with the ability to interact confidently and effectively with industry as intelligent and highly credible - with a focus on delivery.
- Proven team working and collaboration skills.
- Ability to work with and manage diverse teams of individuals whose experience and view of the industry may be very different from each other.
- Ability to work as part of a team but also independently and proactively.