Mental health and wellbeing of the offshore workforce continues to be a priority area for our industry.
Step Change in Safety is offering a Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) course for its members. MHFA is an internationally recognised training course teaching people how to spot the signs and symptoms of mental ill health and provide help on a first aid basis.
The course, designed by MHFA England, will not teach participants to be a therapist but, just like physical first aid, it will teach skills to listen, reassure and respond – even in a crisis.
The course will be delivered by a quality assured instructor and will include a combination of group activities, presentations and discussions.
The two day practical skills and awareness course will give you;
- A deeper understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect people’s wellbeing, including your own
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills, such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to appropriate support
This course is FREE to all members however due to limited availability we will only accept 2 bookings per company. Our intention is to overbook this course and priority will be given to Safety Reps.
62 Market Street, 2nd Floor, The Exchange 2, Aberdeen AB11 5PJ