The information contained in this web site, including any hypertext links or any other items used either directly or indirectly from this web site, is on an "as is" basis without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including those of merchantability, satisfactory quality and fitness for a particular purpose. The contents of this publication are the property of Step Change in Safety or the relevant contributors.
This web site contains "discussion forums" for the expression of the views of the users of this web site. Such views expressed on this web site are the personal views of the users only and neither the contributors nor Step Change in Safety shall be liable in any way for the expression of such views or opinions. Please abide by the following rules or your postings may be removed:
- Blatant advertising is not permitted;
- Unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, racially offensive, orotherwise objectionable material is not acceptable;
- Do not write deliberately provocative things just to stir up trouble, try to be constructive and avoid getting angry;
- Think carefully if including personal details (email addresses, etc.) - ask yourself "Would I be happy for someone to include my details?" and give others the same consideration.
By accessing the "discussion forums", you agree to be legally bound by the following terms. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all of the following terms then please do not access and/or use the "discussion forums". We may change these at any time and we’ll do our utmost in informing you, though it would be prudent to review this regularly yourself as your continued usage of the "discussion forums" after changes mean you agree to be legally bound by these terms as they are updated and/or amended.
Our forums are powered by phpBB which is a bulletin board solution released under the “General Public License” and can be downloaded from www.phpbb.com. The phpBB software only facilitates internet based discussions, the phpBB Group are not responsible for what we allow and/or disallow as permissible content and/or conduct. For further information about phpBB, please see: http://www.phpbb.com/.
You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material that may violate any laws be it of your country, the country where Step Change in Safety website is hosted or International Law. Doing so may lead to you being immediately and permanently banned, with notification of your Internet Service Provider if deemed required by us. The IP address of all posts are recorded to aid in enforcing these conditions. You agree that Step Change in Safety have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should we see fit. As a user you agree to any information you have entered to being stored in a database. While this information will not be disclosed to any third party without your consent, neither Step Change in Safety nor phpBB shall be held responsible for any hacking attempt that may lead to the data being compromised.
Subject to the following conditions, you are invited to use and distribute copies of the information published on this site.
- Please restrict duplication of these web pages to non-profit educational purposes only. These web pages may not be reproduced or redistributed for commercial gain or other purposes. Further, except for non-profit education purposes, no derivative works may be made based on these web pages.
- Any copyright notice appearing at the bottom of any web page must appear on every copy of the documents or any portion thereof.
- Any corporate names and logos may not be altered or used without specific, prior written permission of the relevant owners.
- Except as noted above, no right or licence is granted under any copyright, patent or trademark contained within this document. All photographs and images on this site are not to be used without prior permission.
Various pages on this web site contain certain statements intended to project into the future or be "forward-looking". Such statements are based on contributor's expectations, estimates and projections. These statements are not guarantees and involve certain risks, uncertainties and assumptions that are difficult to predict. Further, such statements are based upon assumptions as to future events that may not prove to be accurate. Therefore, actual outcomes and results may differ materially from what is expressed or forecast in such statements.
Any information provided for publication in this web site will be deemed to be non-confidential.
The information contained in this web site, including any hypertext links or any other items used either directly or indirectly from this web site, is on an "as is" basis without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including those of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. No warranties or representations are given regarding the accuracy or completeness of the information and in no event shall any contributor or Step Change in Safety be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental or consequential losses or damages of whatsoever kind, lost profits or lost data arising out of access to or use of or reliance on the contents of this web site or of any hyperlinked web site.
Events Booking Terms and Conditions
- In these terms and conditions the “Company” means Step Change in Safety and the “Client” (which expressions shall include any principal on whose behalf the Client delegate booking is made) means the person (including legal persons) placing the order. Persons agreeing to the delegate booking shall be deemed to have authority to do so on whose behalf they are acting or purporting to act.
- Orders placed with the Company shall constitute a contract when the Client books directly through our online facilities and has been confirmed by the Company. The Company will issue a delegate badge upon the Client checking in at the registration desk of the event.
- To receive the free rate the Client must be a Step Change in Safety member at the date of booking and have already paid your membership in full. If your membership has not been paid in full we reserve the right to charge the full non-member rate.
- Payment is required upon confirmation of order and payment must be made immediately. Payment must be made either by credit or debit card on the Company’s website at the time of booking, which must be received no less than seven days prior to the event.
- Bookings may be made up until the day before the event (subject to any delegate fee being paid) however bookings made within two days of the event may not be included on the delegate list.
- The booking is for the person named on the registration form. Should the Client be unable to attend the event, the Company will not provide a refund or credit but may transfer the booking to another delegate.
- The Company reserves the right to vary or cancel an event. Where the Company is required to cancel or reschedule the event, the Company will honour the booking for the rescheduled date or, where the event will not be rescheduled issue a full refund.
- The Company reserves the right to refuse admission and to remove persons from the premises for any reason wherever necessary. The Company also reserves the right to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of persons at the event.
- Save where the Company’s prior written consent has been obtained, the use of photographic equipment is not allowed. All other recording and any transmission is prohibited including, without limitation, recording of any data, information or results of or relating to the event and any participant. As a condition of entry to the event the Client assigns the copyright in any photographs or recordings made at the event to the Company.
- Views expressed by the speakers are their own and the Company accepts no liability for any loss, injury or damage, howsoever caused, to the bearer except where the loss, injury or damage is caused by the negligence of the Company, its employees or its agents.
- Events may be recorded and photographed by the Company or notes taken of discussions during the event may be made by the Company.
- No unauthorised trading is permitted at any time within the venue.
- In the interests of public safety, the Company reserves the right to request the Client to leave the venue at any time for safety reasons or immediately after the event. No admission or readmission is permitted after the end of the event.
- Information supplied to the Company may be used for publication (where the Client provides details for inclusion in our directories, catalogues or delegate lists and on our websites) and also to provide the Client with information about products or services in the form of direct marketing activity by phone, email, fax or post by the Company. Information will not be made available to third parties. If at any time the Client no longer wishes to receive anything from the Company please contact email@example.com
- If for any reason these terms and conditions are unenforceable in part, the validity of the remaining provisions shall not be affected.
- This contract shall be governed by Scottish law and the parties hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish courts.
Publications Terms and Conditions
- Orders placed with the Company shall constitute a contract when the Client purchases directly through our online facilities and has been confirmed by the Company. The Company will issue link to download the electronic publication on completion of order.
- To receive the free rate the Client must be a Step Change in Safety member at the date of purchasing and have already paid membership in full. If your membership has not been paid in full we reserve the right to charge the full non-member rate.
- Payment is required upon confirmation of order and payment must be made immediately. Payment must be made either by credit or debit card on the Company’s website at the time of purchase.
- The Company reserves the right to vary or cancel an order. Where the Company is required to cancel the order, the Company will issue a full refund. The Client can cancel an order at any point until such time as the electronic download link has been issued which point the Company deems the order fulfilled.
- The address information below will only be used for delivery/billing of your publications.
- Your order details (excluding payment card details) will be kept in order to fulfil your order.
- Your details will not be used for promotional or marketing purposes
- We may need to contact you by email or telephone if there are any queries with your order.
- Any orders not fulfilled within 28 working days will be deemed to have expired unless we state otherwise in writing.
- This web site is operated by Step Change in Safety.
Step Change in Safety Open Licence
Step Change in Safety wishes to encourage the use of its Publications available under this Licence, with only the few conditions outlined below.
Grant of Licence
Step Change in Safety hereby grants to its Members a non-exclusive and royalty-free licence to use the Publications within the United Kingdom and for operations within the United Kingdom Continental Shelf and, in particular, Members may copy, publish and distribute the Publications within the Member Group.
Use of Publications under this Licence indicates your acceptance of the terms and conditions below.
- procure that where Publications are reproduced, in whole or in part, that they shall be acknowledged by including an attribution statement;
- ensure that they do not use the Publication in a way that suggests any official status or that Step Change in Safety endorses their use of the Publication;
- not, nor directly or indirectly assist any other person to, do or omit to do anything to diminish the rights of Step Change in Safety in the Publication or to use the Publications in any way that may affect the moral rights of Step Change in Safety;
- not allow the Publication to be used by any person other than the Member Group;
- only make use of the Publications to the extent of the Permitted Purpose; and
- not grant sub-licences nor assign any of its rights or obligations under this Licence.
- The Publications are licensed ‘as is’ and Step Change in Safety excludes all representations, warranties, obligations and liabilities in relation to the Publications to the extent permitted by law.
- Step Change in Safety accepts no liability for any errors or omissions in the Publications and shall not be liable for any loss, injury or damage of any kind caused by its use.
- Oil & Gas UK does not guarantee the continued supply of the Publications.
This Licence is governed by the laws of Scotland.
- “Member” means a fully paid up Operator Member or Contractor Member but, for the avoidance of doubt, shall not include Associate Members (such terms being as defined in Step Change in Safety’s Articles of Association).
- “Member Group” means the Member, its affiliates and its and their employees and contractors (only to the extent that such contractor is providing services for and on behalf of this Member Group).
- “Guidance and Publications” means all guidelines, reports and other documents available on the “Guidance and Publications” section of Step Change in Safety’s website, which may be updated from time to time.
- “Licence” means this open licence declaration.