Description of Incident
A smoke detector was activated. A deck officer checked the origin of the alarm which was coming from an area close to the laundry room. A general fire alarm was sounded; all personnel started to muster, and a firefighting team assembled.
The fire team found the source of the fire which was coming from an industrial tumble dryer in the laundry room. The fire was safely extinguished before the personnel muster was complete.
To view this IMCA safety alert in full, click the 'Download Alert' button above and refer to section 4 of the document.