Cause & Consequence
- Uncontrolled release of a flammable gas or liquid
Specific Incident Equipment
Ball valve sealant injection fitting
The investigation produced a list of 9 solutions to implement. Highlights of these solutions are as follows;
perform proactive analysis, maintenance and change out of the sealant injector arrangements installed on BG Groups Assets in line with our revised valve maintenance strategy; BG Group best practice improvements; procedural adherence improvements; valve healthcare contract management improvements.
- Perform proactive analysis, maintenance and change out of the sealant injector arrangements installed on our Assets in line with our revised valve maintenance strategy.
- Improve awareness of thread connection guideline.
- Improve the mechanism to implement guidelines offshore.
- Perform failure analysis on component(s).
- Clarify expectations in the global valve contract around procedures and certification
- Complete the visual inspection of the remaining sealant injectors and explore other inspection techniques to ascertain if it is possible to detect failure of the inner check valve.
- Change design of sealant injector to industry best practice (implement a company global “Best Practice”).
- Investigation information to be shared with platform safety reps
- Step Change Safety Alert to be raised.