Cause & Consequence
- Failure of vessels or pipework
Specific Incident Equipment
Gas Turbine No.4 (GT4)
Incorrect fitting of RV – Inadequate performance of skill (Amec A-Z Accident Causes)
- Determine if RV fitment procedure highlights that outlet flange must be tightened before slip flange. Amend as required.
- Ensure relevant personnel are aware of procedure for fitment of this type of RV.
- One page lesson learning sheet to be developed.
- All platform personnel be made aware of the learning from this incident during departmental safety meetings.
- Contents of this report to be shared with Aker Offshore Solutions.
- Technical Authority to confirm that the specification for the RV is correct for the applicication.